5 Things To Know About The Affordable Housing Crisis
- (OZFund, Inc.) NEWS RELEASE UPDATED
- December 16, 2021
- 14:36 EST
Right now, millions of Americans lack access to a safe and stable supply of affordable housing. According to the National Low-Income Housing Coalition, the United States needs a minimum of 7.2 million more affordable housing units. What do we as Americans need to know to understand the current affordable housing crisis?
- There is not enough affordable housing supply to meet demand.
- We must pay attention to the percentage of Americans who are ‘rent-burdened’ and ‘severely rent-burdened,’ and understand what these terms mean.
- Households can budget better when their rent is stable.
- Affordable housing isn’t ‘one and done’ — it needs to be maintained.
- Solving this crisis requires long-term commitment and public-private collaboration.
Find our more at Forbes.com
Share this News Release